Project AR2 is the re-release of Arras WordPress Theme, with up-to-date standards and new features. Built on HTML/CSS3. Released under the GPLv2 license.
Development was started in 2011 to update Arras with up-to-date web standards such as HTML5 and CSS3, and eventually be placed back up into the WordPress Themes Directory. As a result, almost the entire theme code, including its backend API, was rewritten to make the theme up to standard.
- Featured slideshow powered by FlexSlider 2
- Three customizable post sections in homepage, with four different layouts.
- Homepage layout customizable with WordPress 3.4′s Theme Customizer.
- Customizable archives page with four different layouts.
- Custom post types and taxonomies support, with Facebook-style taxonomies selection.
- Two widgetized bottom sidebars in homepage.
- Custom primary / secondary font selection.
- Supports video, audio, gallery and image post formats.
- Full-width, blog archives and redirect page templates.
- Supports WordPress theme features: custom header, custom background, navigation menus and post thumbnails.
- Relative post dates ( eg. 1 day ago, 5 hours ago, etc. )
- Built on HTML5 and CSS3.
- 5 custom color schemes to choose from.
- Default widgets – Tabbed Sidebar, Featured Stories, Facebook Activity Box, Facebook Like Box, Google+ Badge, Twitter Feed, Video, Social Buttons.
- Backend API to easily add new post sections, custom fonts, colors and theme options.
- Ready for translation. PO files can be downloaded at https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/project-ar2/.
- Supports Right-to-Left (RTL) languages.
- Child theme ready. WordPress action and filter hooks available.
- Self-hosted WordPress – 3.4 and above
- Login to WordPress Admin, go to Appearance > Themes
- Go to ‘Install Themes’ tab, click on ‘Upload’
- Upload the ZIP package you have downloaded
- Go back to Appearance > Themes and activate ‘Project AR2′
Community Forums support is available at http://www.arrastheme.com/forums/.
All theme downloads are available at the theme’s GitHub page: